Google My Business is a service provided by Google that helps you create and manage your business listing on Google Search and Maps.
Google My Business is a free and easy-to-use tool for businesses, brands, artists, and organizations to manage their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps. By verifying and editing your business information, you can both help customers find you and tell them the story of your business.
You can also join conversations about your business, learn how people search for businesses like yours, respond to reviews from customers and more easily create ads that reach people who are looking for you.
The cool thing about Google My Business is that it allows you to promote your Business Profile and business website on Google Search and Maps. With your Google My Business account, you can see and connect with your customers, post updates to your Business Profile, and see how customers are interacting with your business on Google.
Google for Business is a service from Google that provides customizable search results for your website. These tailored search results can increase your site’s web traffic and user engagement.
Benefits of Google My Business
Below is a list of the benefits of using Google My Business:
1. Get your free listing.
Google My Business lets you post updates to showcase what’s happening promotions, products, and more for customers to see. You can even respond to reviews from your customers.
2. Show up when customers search for businesses on Google Search and Maps.
3. Easily connect with customers across Google Search.
4. Access your e-mail, documents, and important data from anywhere.
5. Easily share documents and work together in real-time with colleagues and clients.
6. Reduce IT costs and improve security by hosting your data in the cloud.
7. Integrate your email with mobile devices such as iPhones, Androids, Windows Mobile, and Blackberries.
8. Google My Business puts your business info on Search and Maps so you can stand out, and bring customers in.
9. Show up when customers search for businesses like yours on Google Search and Maps. Only pay for results, like clicks to your website or calls to your business. Get started with $150 in free ads.
10. See what people are saying about your business online, including reviews from across the web. Respond to customer feedback in one place, and make it easy for them to share their thoughts with others.
11. Get real-time data and unified insights for your search campaigns. See how your site is performing across desktop, tablet and mobile devices. Then, use those insights to take action, improve your performance and reach a greater audience.
12. Your business profile appears right when people are searching for your business or businesses like yours on Google Search or Maps. Google My Business makes it easy to create and update your business profile so you can stand out, and bring customers in.
13. Helps small businesses increase their visibility on Google Search and Maps.
Features of Google My Business
- Allows you to create a free business listing where you can add important details like business name, address, phone number, hours of operation, website URL and more.
- Allows you to add photos and post updates so prospective customers can learn more about your business.
- Your customers can find you, whether they’re at home or on the go.
- Verify ownership of your business.
- Manage how your business information appears across Google (e.g., search and maps).
- Respond to reviews from customers.
- Makes it easy to create and update your listing—so you can stand out, and bring customers in.
- Get insights about how people find your business on Google Search and Maps. See how many people viewed your business profile, get detailed breakdowns of views over time, and even see which of your posts have received the most views.
- It allows you to make use of applications like Gmail, Google docs and Drive.
With Google My Business, you can create a free mobile-optimized website to represent your business. Your customers can quickly access your hours, website, directions and more, all with just a tap.
You can use your company’s full name, such as ACME, Inc., or you can use an abbreviated or shortened version. If your business is a sole proprietorship or a partnership, use the complete legal name of the owner or owners. Typically, you will use your full business name unless it confuses another business. For example, a local florist that has the same name as a national chain florist would probably want to use its complete legal name instead of just “Flowers.”