Microsoft Excel is a powerful spreadsheet application that can be used for a variety of tasks, including data analysis, financial modeling, and creating charts and graphs.
If you are a beginner in Excel, it is important to have a good understanding of the basics before moving on to more advanced topics.
MS Excel Revision Questions and Answers
1. How can I format numbers in cells with a comma?
To format numbers with a comma in Excel, use the “Comma Style” button in the Number group on the Home tab.
2. How do I insert a picture into an Excel worksheet?
To insert a picture in Excel, go to the “Insert” tab, then click on the “Pictures” button.
3. How do I insert text into an Excel worksheet?
To insert text into an Excel worksheet, click on the cell where you want to add text and start typing.
4. How can I change the font size of a cell in Excel?
To change the font size of a cell in Excel, use the “Font Size” drop-down menu in the Home tab.
5. How do I change the font in Excel?
To change the font in Excel, use the “Font” drop-down menu in the Home tab.
6. What is the formula for finding the sum of two values inside a VLOOKUP function?
The formula for finding the sum of two values inside a VLOOKUP function is =VLOOKUP(lookup_value, table_array, col_index_num, range_lookup) + VLOOKUP(lookup_value, table_array, col_index_num, range_lookup).
7. How can I change the font of all text in my workbook at once?
To change the font of all text in your workbook at once, modify the default font in the “Excel Options” under the “File” tab.
8. What is wrong with this formula: =IF(A2>B2,C2,D2)?
The formula seems correct. Verify cell references and data types.
9. Which is the first tool that you see when you start Microsoft Excel?
The first tool you see when you start Microsoft Excel is the Ribbon.
10. What is the combination of keyboard keys used to create a formula in MS Excel?
The combination of keyboard keys to create a formula in MS Excel is “=” (equals sign).
12. Which button can be used for printing a worksheet in Microsoft Excel?
The button used for printing a worksheet in Microsoft Excel is the “Print” button, usually found in the “File” tab.
13. How can you copy information from one cell to another in an Excel worksheet?
Copy information from one cell to another in Excel by selecting the source cell, pressing Ctrl+C, selecting the target cell, and pressing Ctrl+V.
14. How do you paste information from copied cells into your workbook when you are using MS Excel?
Paste information from copied cells into your workbook in Excel by selecting the target cell and pressing Ctrl+V.
15. How do I insert images into my Microsoft Excel spreadsheet?
To insert images into Microsoft Excel, go to the “Insert” tab and click on the “Pictures” button.
16. How do I create a table in Microsoft Excel?
Create a table in Microsoft Excel by selecting the data range and clicking on the “Table” button in the “Insert” tab.
17. How do I format text in Microsoft Excel?
Format text in Microsoft Excel using options in the “Font” group on the Home tab, such as bold, italic, and underline.
18. Explain the difference between a pivot table and a Pivot Table.
“Pivot table” and “Pivot Table” likely refer to the same thing; check for case sensitivity. It is a tool for summarizing and analyzing data in Excel.
19. What are the different types of charts in Excel?
Different types of charts in Excel include bar charts, line charts, pie charts, and more.
20. What are the steps to create a chart in Excel?
Steps to create a chart in Excel: Select data, go to the “Insert” tab, choose a chart type, and customize as needed.
21. How to export data from an Excel workbook into another file format?
Export data from an Excel workbook by going to the “File” tab, selecting “Save As,” and choosing the desired file format.
22. How to change the font size or color of a cell or row in Excel?
Change the font size or color of a cell or row in Excel using options in the “Font” group on the Home tab.
23. How do you use the Insert function in Microsoft Excel?
Use the Insert function in Excel by going to the “Formulas” tab and selecting a function from the “Insert Function” dialog box.
24. What is the difference between a range of cells, a range of columns, and a range of rows?
A range of cells is a collection of specific cells, a range of columns includes entire columns, and a range of rows includes entire rows.
25. How do you select multiple cells at once in Microsoft Excel?
Select multiple cells at once in Excel by clicking and dragging or by holding down the Shift key while clicking on individual cells.
26. What is the difference between “formula” and “function” in Microsoft Excel?
In Excel, a “formula” is an equation entered by the user, and a “function” is a predefined operation, such as SUM or AVERAGE.
27. How can you make your macros in Microsoft Excel?
Create macros in Microsoft Excel using the “Developer” tab and the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
28. What are some examples of functions that you can use inside other functions in Microsoft Excel?
Examples of functions used inside other functions in Excel include IF, VLOOKUP, and SUM.
29. What is an absolute reference?
An absolute reference in Excel ($A$1) remains fixed when a formula is copied to other cells.
30. What does the =SUMIFS function do?
The =SUMIFS function in Excel adds up cells that meet multiple criteria specified in separate ranges.
31. How do you find the average of a range of numbers when there are multiple averages (multiple rows) and there’s no formula to help you find them?
To find the average of a range of numbers with multiple averages and no formula, use the “AVERAGE” function or manually calculate the sum and divide by the count.
32. What is the difference between the text and the formula bar in Microsoft Excel?
The text bar displays the contents of the selected cell, while the formula bar shows the formula or value being entered.
33. How to use the Data Validation feature in Excel?
Use the Data Validation feature in Excel to control the type of data entered into a cell.
34. What is the difference between SUMPRODUCT and AVERAGEIFS function?
SUMPRODUCT multiplies corresponding components in arrays and returns the sum, while AVERAGEIFS calculates the average based on multiple criteria.
35. How do you get the number of rows for an Excel table?
To get the number of rows for an Excel table, select any cell within the table, go to the “Table Design” tab, and view the “Total Rows” field.
N/B: These questions will help you learn how to use Microsoft Excel quickly. It is intended for users who are new to the software and want to learn some common tasks so they can get started fast.