Google Drive is a file storage service. It allows you to store and share files, as well as sync them across multiple devices, including computers and mobile devices. It’s a good solution for businesses that want to collaborate on documents, use a single document source for multiple users, or allow employees to work remotely.
The first 15 GB of storage is free with a Google Account. 100 GB can be purchased for US$1.99/month (or equivalent in other currencies), 1 TB for US$9.99/month (or equivalent in other currencies), 10 TB for US$99.99/month (or equivalent in other currencies), 20 TB for US$199.99/month (or equivalent in other currencies), or 30 TB for US$299.99/month (or equivalent in other currencies).
Google Drive encompasses Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides, an office suite that permits collaborative editing of documents, spreadsheets, presentations, drawings, forms, and more. Files created and edited through the office suite are saved in Google Drive.
Google Drive is a safe place for all your files and puts them within reach of any smartphone, tablet, or computer. Files in Drive – like your videos, photos, and documents – are backed up safely so you can’t lose them. Once there, you can easily invite others to view, edit, or leave comments on any of your files or folders.
Google Drive offers several benefits that make it a great choice for your business.
Here are some of its advantages:
- Collaboration. You can share files and folders with others, control what they can see, comment on documents in real-time (if both people have Google Drive open), and assign tasks to people. When you make changes or comments, Drive lets the other people know with email alerts or notifications in real-time.
- File versioning. If you edit a document someone else has created, Google automatically creates a new version of the file so that the original is still available if needed. You can also create several versions of your files manually and easily revert to an older version if necessary.
- Syncing across devices. You can access your files from any device with an internet connection by logging into your Google account. This makes it easy for remote workers to stay up-to-date with projects.
- Google Drive is a cloud-based file storage and collaboration platform. It is accessible from any device or location with an internet connection. Google Drive allows users to store, share and access files on the cloud.
- Users can store files and access them from any device or location with an internet connection.
- Google Docs, Sheets and Slides automatically update when a user makes changes to a document, spreadsheet or presentation.
- Google Drive serves as a backup for all of the files and folders stored in Google Docs. So if you accidentally delete something from Google Drive, you can always recover it.
With Google Drive you can:
- View documents, PDFs, photos, videos, and more.
- Search for files by name and content.
- Easily share files and folders with others.
- Set sharing permissions to view, comment, or edit.
- Quickly access recent files.
- See file details and activity.
- Enable viewing of files offline.
- Store everything safely and access it anywhere (especially while on the go).
- Search everything by keyword and filter by file type.
- Share your stuff with anyone (even if they don’t have a Google account).
- Quickly view your content.
Google Drive is a service that lets you store your files in the “cloud”. You can access your files from any computer, phone, or tablet. No matter what happens to your computer, phone, or tablet, you won’t lose your files.
It’s like a flash drive that works everywhere!