Google forms have numerous advantages as well as disadvantages. However, the advantages are more powerful than the disadvantages.
This article gives a full account of the advantages and disadvantages of Google forms.
Main Advantages of Google forms:
1. Simple to create and use
Creating a Google form is very simple. You have to just go to Google forms and sign in with your Gmail credentials, you can easily create any type of form there.
2. Good for surveys
It may be used as a survey tool or a quiz maker or as an application form builder. It is free of cost and you can use it on the go by just logging in through the internet.
You can create forms and share them with your friends and colleagues who can respond to that form by just clicking on the link shared by you.
4. Time saving
Google forms are among the most valuable free tools that can help you save time and be more productive – if you know how to use them. Google forms are an amazing, time-saving solution for surveys, quizzes, and other types of data collection,
5. Google Forms is a good alternative to survey and questionnaire tools like Survey Monkey and Qualtrics.
6. You can customize the look and feel of the forms. It also allows you to use your images for the background.
7. Convenient tool for creating surveys and questionnaires like training feedback forms, event registration forms, medical appointment forms, etc.
8. It includes features like branching, which allow you to make your forms more interactive.
9. Google forms are usually free. You do not have to pay anything to create a Google form and use it for any purpose.
10. Google forms can be added to social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter or embedded on a website using the shareable link or an iframe and collect responses from within the website itself.
11. Automatically populate into a companion spreadsheet in Google Sheets for tabulating responses.
12. They are very versatile and can allow you to collect a variety of information using Google Drive.
13. Google Forms allows you to view test results at any time because the information is stored online.
Google forms are one of the most powerful tools for improving your business by collecting information. They allow you to get precise insights into your customers’ preferences, needs, desires and thus how to better serve them.
Disadvantages of Google Forms
Some of the disadvantages of Google forms are:
1. There is no option to provide a visual representation of the answer choices.
2. There is no option to shuffle the answer choices.
3. There is no option to add open-ended questions.
4. The number of question types that can be added is limited to only 8.
5. You cannot add your logo.
6. You can’t use Google forms without a Google account.
7. Compatibility issues.
There may be times when you want to import a Word document into Google Docs, but the formatting might not translate exactly right.
8. Internet access required. If you don’t have Internet access, you can’t use Google forms.
9. File attachment cannot exceed 10MB.
You can also read about; 10 Reasons Why You Need To Be Using Google Forms
Google Forms are an easy-to-use and time-saving tool, which can be used for a wide range of applications in your business. They are great to use both on an individual level and as a survey tool.
Google forms allow you to create user-friendly surveys that you can reuse anytime and anywhere. They help you gather an insight into the opinions of your clients and also measure yourself against competitors through real-time feedback. Google forms can be embedded directly onto your website and their marketing potential is unrivaled.