How to Uninstall Apps from Your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
When you first set up your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, you probably installed a bunch of apps. You will also likely discover more apps you want to try at some point. But do you need all of those apps regularly?
Probably not. Uninstalling unnecessary apps from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch can help it run faster and use less storage space.
It is easy to install an app on your iOS device, but uninstalling one is not quite as simple.
Luckily, there are several ways to uninstall apps from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If you have too many apps on your iPhone and
don’t know how to clear the cache or how much space they take up, this is for you.
Don’t worry, we won’t leave any stones unturned and give you all the details about what Apps are on your device and how much storage they take up in this article. Read onward to find out more…
How to Uninstall Apps from Your iPhone Step By Step
Uninstalling apps is a quick and easy way to clear up space on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If you want to uninstall an app, follow these steps:
1. Tap the Home button to return to the Home screen.
2. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to reveal Control Center and access it by tapping Control Center from the bottom of your screen.
3. Tap and hold (or tap once quickly) on any app that you want to uninstall until all of the apps in that group are highlighted in blue.
4. Tap the red minus button (-) that appears at the top left corner of each app that you want to uninstall and then press Done when prompted with “Are you sure?”
5. Press down on a blank area of your Home screen until you see an empty circle appear next to each app that you want to remove from your device so that they’re easier to find later if needed.
The second option is to go into the Settings app on your device and find the “General” section. Here you’ll find an option called “Applications.” Tap this to see which applications are installed on your device. To uninstall an app, tap it and then press “Delete.”
How to Clear App Data on Your iOS Device
Clearing app data can help you free up storage space on your iPhone or iPad, but it might also remove settings you set or information you have entered into the app. For example, clearing the data for your calendar app will remove your calendar events. There are a few different ways you can clear app data on your iPhone or iPad.
For example, you can go to the Settings app and then tap “Privacy.” Select the app whose data you want to clear and then tap “Clear Data” (you might have to scroll down to find the app in the list). You can also open the app you want to clear data from and then tap the “More” icon in the top-right corner. Next, select “Clear Data” and tap “OK” to confirm.
Hopefully, you have learned the easiest ways on how to easily uninstall apps from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. Uninstalling an application from your iOS device is as easy as tapping on the app’s icon and then tapping on Uninstall. If you are looking for a more permanent solution, you can always download an uninstaller for your app and delete it from iTunes.
Recommended Reading: How To Install and Uninstall Programs On PC