How To Download And Install Apps On A Laptop –Windows OS
Installing Apps on your Laptop is very important. This will allow you to enjoy a smooth experience when it comes to opening and working with various applications. Installing some popular apps on your laptop can help you in saving time and earn more.
In this article, I am going to discuss various ways how you can safely install your favorite apps on your Windows laptop.
Before you download any app, you should think twice and make sure that it is safe to install on your laptop.
Questions to ask yourself before installing any App on your Windows Laptop
1. Which version of Windows is my laptop running?
2. Is the app compatible with the version of Windows that I am running?
3. Is the app protected by security measures?
4. How much storage space does the app take up?
5. Are there any built-in apps that do similar things better than this one?
If you are in a position to answer the above questions then you are ready to go.
Methods Of Downloading And Installing Apps On A Laptop
The number of apps available for laptops is growing every day. So, you have to install apps on your laptop. Here are some methods to install apps on your laptop:
Note: There are a lot of free and paid apps available for your laptop. As a user, it is your prerogative to select the appropriate app for your needs. However, you need to be aware of the fact that most of the apps available in the market are not of high quality and can cause harm to your Laptop.
Using the Microsoft Store
The Microsoft Store is a great way to get your apps on your laptop. You can download most of the apps from the Microsoft Store, but there are some apps that you may need to download from third-party websites.
To install an app from the Microsoft Store, you first need to open the Microsoft Store. You can do this by clicking Start > All Apps in the select Microsoft Store.
After opening the store, search for the app that you want to install and click on it.
When installing an app from the store, it will ask you if you want to install it automatically or not. If you choose to install it automatically, then it will be installed when you restart your laptop.
Installing Apps from CD Drive
If you have a laptop with an optical disc drive, you can install software from CDs and DVDs. Here is how you can do it:
1. Insert the CD into your computer’s CD/DVD-ROM drive and then open Windows Explorer.
2. Right-click on the Windows CD drive icon. Select Explore and then click on the folder containing the app you want to install. Double-click it, to start the installation process.
3. Follow the instructions in the dialog box that appears to install the program or utility that you have selected.
4. After installing an application, restart your laptop so that it can use the new version of the software
Installing Software Apps from the Internet
Just like any other software, apps can be installed on your laptop from the Internet too. However, this process is different from installing an app from the local disk.
The process of installing an app from the Internet:
1. Open your web browser and type in the URL of the website where you want to download your app.
For example, if you want to install Microsoft Word on your laptop, then type in this URL: “http://downloads.microsoft.com/en-us/word/office-2016-pro-full-version_office15”. After that click on the “Get it now” button to start downloading the Microsoft Word application file on your laptop.
2. Now click on the “Next” button and follow any additional instructions provided by the website to complete the installation of software applications on your laptop.
Installing Software Apps from a USB Disk
If you want to know how to install apps on a laptop from a USB disk, then you should follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Insert your USB drive into your computer’s USB port and make sure that it is detected as a storage device.
Step 2: Once inserted into the laptop, double-click to open the drive, and locate the path where you saved the required apps.
Step 3: Once located, right-click on the app and select Run as administrator option. Follow onscreen instructions until the installation completes successfully.
What to Remember
It is important to keep in mind that not all apps are compatible with all devices, so make sure you research the capabilities of your device before choosing an app.
You can also Read: How To Speed Up Your Laptop