How To Delete Facebook Account Step By Step
There are a lot of reasons why you might want to delete Facebook account. Maybe you’re worried about your privacy or you’ve been the target of a spam attack. Or maybe you just want to take a break from social media.
Before you do delete, be sure to back up all your pictures, contacts, and other data.
Here are steps to follow to delete Facebook account:
- Go to Facebook.com in a web browser and log in.
- Click on the down arrow icon located in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Select General from the options listed on the left side of the screen.
- Scroll down and click on Manage Account at the bottom of the page. You will be taken to a page with several options for managing your account.
- Click on Deactivate your account at the bottom of this page. You will see a warning message asking if you’re sure that you want to deactivate your account, which asks if you want to deactivate or delete your account instead (see image below). Select Delete My Account from this list and click Continue when finished.
A confirmation message will appear asking if you’re sure that you want to completely delete your account (see image below). Select Delete My Account again when ready and click Confirm Deletion when finished or Continue Deletion if there are other pages where you can enter emails for friends or family who may have access to your account (see image below).
How To Delete Facebook Messages
People often want to delete their Facebook messages, but they’re not sure how. Deleting your message history can be useful if you want to remove sensitive information from your profile.
To delete your Facebook messages:
1. Log in to the Facebook website or app and visit your Messages inbox.
2. Select the message from the sender you want to delete.
3. Click Delete next to the timestamp of the message, which looks like an X button in a circle icon.
4. Click Delete Message to confirm that you want to permanently remove the message from your inbox.