How to Create YouTube Channel in 4 Simple Steps
Creating and maintaining a YouTube channel can be an exciting and rewarding experience. It is also quite a challenge for those who are new to video content creation.
Thankfully, the process is much simpler than you may think. Of course, your YouTube channel won’t reach its full potential until you start actively uploading videos regularly, which is something we’ll discuss in detail shortly.
First, let us answer some common questions about how to create a YouTube channel in four simple steps.
What is a YouTube Channel?
A YouTube channel is a single web page dedicated to your content. It is a place where you’ll host all of your videos, and allow viewers to find all related information about each video you upload. Creating a YouTube channel will also be necessary for you to start earning money from your content.
As you can see, a YouTube channel goes far beyond just a page full of videos. It is a hub for all your content, a place where you can engage with your audience, and even make money with ad revenue if you choose.
Steps to Creating YouTube Channel
Here are simple steps for creating a YouTube channel;
- Sign up for a Google account
- Sign in to the Google Play Store with your new account if you are using a smartphone or go directly to your browser and search for www.youtube.com and click on the icon that looks like a YouTube logo.
- Click on “Create channel” at the bottom of the pop-up window (or go to https://www.youtube.com/create_channel).
- Fill out all of the required information, including your email address, name, and phone number (optional). Note that this is where you can also select which country you live in.
- You can also add a “Privacy” tab to control who can see your video.
- Finally, you can access your “Account” tab to edit your account settings, adjust your privacy settings, and view your analytics.
How to Upload Videos to Your New YouTube Channel
After you have created your YouTube channel, you can begin adding videos to the channel.
- You can upload videos to YouTube from your desktop, mobile phone, or tablet.
- Below are the steps for uploading YouTube videos.
- Open YouTube on your computer or mobile device.
- Click the Upload button in the top right corner of the screen, or select Upload from the menu at the top of your screen.
- Choose a file to upload.
When adding videos to your new channel, keep the following tips in mind:
- Always include a title and description for each video. These will appear both on your YouTube channel, as well as in search engine results.
- Utilize tags to help your audience find your content.
- Include closed captions to reach a wider audience.
- Add a “Privacy” tab to control who can see your video.
- Finally, you can hit publish button to make your videos live for viewing.
YouTube gives more options whereby you can share your videos directly to social media platforms i.e. Facebook.
Remember, you can access your “Account” tab to edit your account settings, adjust your privacy settings, and view your analytics. You can also use the “Earnings” tab to monetize your videos.
You can also Read: How to Edit YouTube Videos
How to Delete YouTube Channel
To delete your YouTube channel, visit your account settings page on YouTube.com, and then click “Account” in the left-hand navigation bar.
Next, scroll down until you see the option “Delete my channel.” Click it, then confirm your decision by clicking “Delete my channel.”
That’s all there is to it!
Your account will no longer be available for anyone else to use or view as long as you keep this button selected.
Recommended Reading: Tips for Becoming a Successful YouTuber
Whether you are looking to create a YouTube channel for fun or profit, the steps are easy to follow. It just depends on how far you want to take your channel and how much effort you are willing to put into it. We hope this article helped, and good luck.