What is Google Play?
Google Play is a digital distribution service operated and developed by Google. It serves as the official app store for the Android operating system, allowing users to browse and download applications developed with the Android software development kit (SDK) and published through Google.
Google Play also serves as a digital media store, offering music, magazines, books, movies, and television programs. By installing Google Play you get to install a lot of applications and manage your account.
Benefits Of Google Play
The following is a list of benefits you can enjoy when you use the Google Play app;
- Provides a virtual space to store files and access them from any device that has an internet connection.
- A digital library for storing content purchased from Google Play. Applications are available through Google Play free either of charge or at a cost. Applications can be downloaded directly to an Android device through the Play Store mobile app or by deploying the application to a device from the Google Play website.
- It is a digital distribution service, operated and developed by Google. It serves as the official app store for the Android operating system, allowing users to browse and download applications developed with the Android software development kit and published through Google.
- It serves as an online marketplace for music, movies and books, allowing users to purchase these digital items directly from the application itself. These can be downloaded onto your device via its internal storage or you can stream them directly from the cloud using Google Play Music or YouTube Music Key.
- Its services provide functionality like authentication to your Google services, synchronized contacts, access to all the latest user privacy settings, and higher quality, lower-powered location-based services.
- Google Play services enhance your app’s experience. It speeds up offline searches, provides more immersive maps, and improves gaming experiences.
- It is easy to find what you are looking for
If there’s something specific that you want on your device but aren’t sure where to start looking, then all you need to do is search Google Play “enter the term”. You will be able to quickly find any potential matches listed in order by popularity (with a quick search) or alphabetically if need be.
- Launched on March 6, 2012, replacing the Android Market and bringing together the Android Market for applications and Google Music, and offering books via the new Google Books section.
The get more apps and games button can help you to find the apps that you want and to download them. The application suggests trending apps based on your previous downloads. This is helpful if there are some apps that you like to have. You don’t have to look for them all time.
Google Play is always watching you and remembers what kind of apps you like.
There are various categories and subcategories of apps. Even though not all countries have all the categories, all of them should be available in each country’s store. The good part about the application is that it shows up reviews from different sources, so it makes it easy for users to find the best app or game from different reviews from different users.
There is a refund button, so if something doesn’t work out you can always ask for your money back. I think the app is growing bigger and bigger by each month by adding new features and cleaning old ones.
I enjoy using this app since it’s pretty reliable, nice design, and has many categories of apps, books, and music. It’s available in every country that has an Android market, so if an app/game doesn’t work in your country, there are usually proxies.
The main purpose of Google Play is to provide a centralized marketplace where developers can upload their apps and games, so users can easily access them.