70 Mostly Asked Computer Questions
1. What is a computer?
2. How do you turn a computer on?
3. What is the world’s first computer?
4. Who designed the first computer?
5. State four differences between a computer and a calculator?
6. What is the difference between a microprocessor and a mainframe?
7. What are the different parts of a computer?
8. Explain the difference between a hard drive and a flash drive?
9. What is the difference between an operating system and an application system?
10. What are some of the differences between Windows, Macintosh, and Linux/Unix operating systems?
11. What is a BIOS and what function do they perform in your computer system?
12. How many bits are there in one byte of memory?
13. How many bytes are there in one kilobyte?
14. What is the best way to store data on your hard drive?
15. What is the difference between a floppy disk and an optical disk?
16. What is the difference between RAM and ROM?
17. What is the purpose of a hard drive?
18. What is a CPU?
19. What is RAM?
20. What is the difference between RAM and ROM?
You can Try Out: MS Word Practical Questions
21. What type of memory does a CPU use?
22. How many bits are there in a byte?
23. What is the binary number system?
24. What is a hexadecimal number?
25. What are some useful computer commands and how do you use them?
26. What is the advantage of using a keyboard over a mouse?
27. What are some of the disadvantages of using a mouse over a keyboard?
28. How can you tell if your computer has been infected with viruses or spyware?
29. Why do people use antivirus software?
30. How can I close all open applications at once?
31. How do I make folders invisible in Windows Explorer?
32. How do I show hidden files and folders in Windows Explorer?
33. How do I move folders in Windows Explorer?
34. How do I set up my printer drivers?
35. How do I create a shortcut on the desktop or in the Start menu
36. What does “C:” mean on my hard drive?
37. How does a computer store information?
38. What is a phishing scam and how do they work?
39. How do I use an Ethernet cable to connect two computers together in order to share files between them?
40. What is a firewall, how does it work and what should I do if there’s a firewall on my local network at home or at school?
41. Do I need antivirus software for my computer or should I rely solely on online security tools like Norton Antivirus Plus for Mac or AVG for Windows 8/10/12/15/16 etc.? Which one should I choose?
42. What does the term “resolution” refer to when talking about monitors?
43. What is the Windows 10 Recovery Disk?
44. How can I back up my computer?
45. How do I repair my computer?
46. How do I change the display settings on my computer?
47. How do I print from my computer?
48. What is Safe Mode, and how do I use it on Windows 10?
49. How do I enable or disable the Windows Defender firewall in Windows 10?
50. How do I install an update for Windows 10 using the Settings app?
51. What is a power plan, how do I change it, and what are some of the options available to me?
52. What is the difference between a mouse and a keyboard
53. How do I access Internet Explorer or Firefox from Windows?
54. What are a keyboard and mouse?
55. Can I use a laptop with an external monitor?
56. How do I install software on my computer?
57. What are some of the most common problems people have with their computers?
58. How does a CPU perform arithmetic operations?
59. What is the use of registers in CPUs?
60. What are the different types of memory in computers?
61. What is an operating system? Briefly explain its importance to a computer user and explain any applications it performs on a PC or laptop device
62. What is the most important thing you can do to improve your computer’s performance?
63. How can you tell if your computer is running slow?
64. How does an operating system (OS) work, and what are some of the different types of OSs that exist today?
65. What are two security measures I can take to protect my computer from unwanted programs and people using my computer?
66. Name the three components of a computer
67. How can I change the desktop background?
68. What is the difference between a new hard drive and an SSD?
69. What is a motherboard and how does it differ from a CPU?
70. What is a firewall program?