Google Ads, formerly known as Google AdWords is an online advertising platform developed by Google, where advertisers pay to display brief advertisements, service offerings, product listings, and video content, and generate mobile application installs within the Google ad network to web users.
Google Ads is a great tool for small businesses to use, and although it can be daunting to know where to start, we’ve created this guide to help you get started with your campaign.
Learn how Google Ads works, the basics of how to set up a campaign, and how it can help your business.
There’s a reason the Google Ads platform is the best advert network for small businesses: it allows you to reach your business goals and grow your company.
With Google Ads, you can adjust your strategy as you go, changing keywords, ads, bids, and budgets as needed.
Unlike traditional advertising methods like billboards, Google Ads allows you to target specific audiences with ads that appear in the search results when they look for products or services related to your business.
Benefits of Google Ads for Small Businesses
The following are some of the benefits of Google Ads:
- You pay only when someone clicks on your ad.
- You can create ads that show when people are looking for what you offer.
- You can choose to be charged for clicks (pay-per-click) or impressions (CPM).
- You set the maximum amount you are willing to pay for each click or 1,000 impressions (as low as $0.01 per click or $0.25 per thousand impressions).
- Ads appear on the Google Search Network and Display Network, which includes sites across the web with content related to your business such as YouTube, Gmail, and millions of other websites.
- You can start small and adjust your budget at any time. There is no minimum spend, and you can change it whenever you want.
- Your account is linked with Google Ads, you can appear right when people are searching for products or services like yours. Whether they are on desktop or mobile, a well-timed ad can turn people into valuable customers.
- Revenue return: With easy-to-use measurement and optimization tools, AdWords helps you get the most out of your advertising spend.
- Drive more traffic to your business/ website.
- Grow online sales, bookings, or mailing list signups with online ads that direct people to your website.
- Increase customer calls with ads that feature your phone number and a click-to-call button. Potential customers can call you directly from the ad.
- Get more customers in the door with business ads that help people find your company on the map.
- Get more out of your advertising dollars with Google Ads. Whether you are new to advertising or pro.
- Get help to find the right fit for your business.
- Find the right keywords to get you the most results at the lowest cost.
- 24/7 Customer care support.
- Get more phone calls and website conversions from mobile-friendly ads that appear on smartphones.
- A better return on investment.
- Reach the right people at the right time.
Features of Google Ads
- See what’s working and make changes on the fly.
- Google Ads gives you the control to keep improving your campaigns. See how customers interact with your ads across devices and use that information to optimize for the best results.
- You can create ads and choose where they’ll appear. Your ad appears when people search Google using one of your keywords.
- Your Google ads can also run on other sites that are part of the Google Network. The Google Network includes Google Search, Maps, Shopping, Gmail, YouTube and millions of other sites.
- You can change your ads or pause them at any time.
- AdWords’ system is based partly on cookies and partly on keywords determined by advertisers.
- You can set up, run, and track ads in minutes.
- Google Ads are made up of two main components:
- Campaigns: A campaign is a collection of one or more ad groups that share similar characteristics, such as targeting, budget and bid strategy.
- Ad groups: Each campaign can contain multiple ad groups, which contain the keywords you’ll bid on, the ads that might be shown when your keywords match a search, and who will see your ads.
Google Ads has provided a new opportunity to put your products in front of more customers as they shop online, and helped small businesses like yours reach billions of people. Now, there’s an even simpler way to connect with potential customers.