What is Google Docs?
Google Docs is a word processing program that allows you to write and edit text documents and store them online. Documents are saved automatically as you type, so you don’t have to worry about losing your work. You can access your documents from any computer with an Internet connection, which means you can work on your documents anywhere.
Users of Google Docs can import any type of computer file but must convert it into a Google Doc for others to view it. Users can also export and download documents into a variety of formats including .doc, .pdf, .txt, .html, .rtf, .odt or .zip.
Google Docs has applications for Android and iOS as well. The application lets you create documents, spreadsheets and presentations, then share them with family, friends or co-workers. Google saves the files to its servers so you can access them from anywhere you have Internet access.
In addition to its free service, Google offers a paid version of Google Docs as part of the Google Apps for Business plan. Paid users get additional storage and support, plus administrative controls for IT professionals.
Google Docs features all of the basic editing tools one would expect from a word processor, such as font selection, text styling, bullets and numbered lists. However, Google Docs does not support footnotes or endnotes. Google Docs files can be exported in several formats including Microsoft Word (.docx), Open Document Format/ODF (.odt), Rich Text Format (.rtf), PDF document (.pdf), plain text (.txt), HTML Document (.html) and EPUB Publication (.epub).
The main benefit of creating a Google Doc is that you can easily share it with other users and collaborate on it in real-time. To share a Google Doc with another user, go to the Share button in the top right corner of your document and type in their email address. You can also share your document publicly by generating a link to your document by clicking “Get shareable link”.
To use Google Docs, you need to sign in with your free Google account. If you do not have an account, click on the “Create an Account Now” button to create one. Once you’ve signed in, click on “Documents” at the top of the page.
Click on the “Create New” button and select the type of file you’d like to create. When you’re finished with your document, click on “Save & Close.” To share the document with others, click on “Share.”
A document is a file created in any program, such as Microsoft Word, which contains text and images. Documents are not limited to text, of course. You can create documents with pictures, graphs, tables, and other types of data.
Also Read: What are the Benefits of Using Google Drive?
The program forgoes and traditional desktop applications in favor of a completely online system that uses your Google account to store and access your documents.
Here’s a quick rundown of what Google Docs can do:
- Create documents, spreadsheets and presentations
- Edit and format documents
- Collaborate with others in real-time
- Print and download files for offline use
- Share files easily with others
- Change privacy permissions on documents
Benefits of Using Google Docs
- It’s easy to use and has a lot of features that make it powerful enough for professionals. Plus, it lets you collaborate with others in real time. Here are some of the benefits of using it:
- You can access your files from any device (desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone), as long as you have an internet connection.
- You don’t have to install anything on your computer; everything is done in the browser.
- If you’re working on a document with other people, you can see their changes in real-time and chat with them right inside the document.
- Google Docs offers numerous features to make your documents look great and communicate your message.
- You can use it offline (although this feature requires the Chrome browser).
- Google Docs is a cloud-based Google product with all the features you need to create, edit, and share documents.
- Google Docs is a powerful tool for creating business documents. Here are some of the benefits of using Google Docs:
- It’s completely free to use.
- Your documents are stored in the cloud, which means you can access them from anywhere via your smartphone or tablet.
- You can have multiple people work on a document at once, and changes are updated in real-time.
- There’s no need to worry about losing your work because it’s backed up automatically.