12 Reasons Why You Should Be Using Google Keep
I’m sure you’ve seen the “Keep” app out there in Google Play store but don’t know exactly what it’s for. It looks like a simple note-taking app where you can jot down your notes, things to do and more.
However, using Keep will help you improve your productivity through its various features that may surprise you.
Here are 12 reasons why you should be using Google Keep.
1. Create notes for any occasion
Whether you want to create to-do lists, write notes to yourself or take pictures of things that inspire you, Google Keep makes it easy.
2. Quickly create notes
Google Keep is a free, quick and easy way to capture what’s on your mind and share those thoughts with friends, family and coworkers. Creating a note in Google Keep is easy, just click the red button and start typing.
3. Access your notes anywhere
Google Keep is available on all devices – Android, iOS and web browser. You can use it across your devices seamlessly. The app is completely free.
You can access your notes from any browser by visiting keep.google.com or by opening the app on your phone.
4. Easily edit your notes
Sometimes we write down something and then remember we need to add a little more information or make an edit to the note later on. With Google Keep, you can click into each note and easily add or subtract from what you’ve already written down or dictated into the app.
5. Add images to notes
Google Keep makes it easy to add images to your notes. Click the camera icon on the toolbar and you can insert images from your computer or take photos directly from your webcam. You can also insert images by dragging them into Keep from another window or by pasting an image that’s already in your clipboard.
6. You can use Google Keep to manage your college or work projects, plan your holidays, create grocery lists, and so on.
7. You can use Google Keep for taking notes during lectures or meetings which can be later shared with other members of the team or class.
8. You can also use Google Keep to create checklists for daily tasks such as “Things to do at office”, “Weekend movie list”, and so on. You can then mark items as complete when you are done with them.
9. You can add reminders to your notes and they will show up in Google Now cards at the time of the reminder. You can also set location-based reminders in the app. For example, you can set a reminder to buy groceries when you near a store.
10. Drag and drop notes
One feature of Google Keep for the web that is not available in the app is drag-and-drop. For example, if you have notes that need to be moved from one list or label to another, drag-and-drop makes it easy and fast.
11. You can also record voice memos, which are transcribed automatically.
12. Use hashtags to categorize your notes.
You can use hashtags in Google Keep to categorize your notes. Just like on Twitter, you can add a hashtag.
Google Keep is a valuable tool for those who want to keep themselves organized. It’s not only great for those who want to remember their daily tasks, but also for anyone who wants to record important information.
Cognitive scientists have proven that writing down your thoughts can be a great way to remember them. Google Keep is an easy way to do that. It’s simple to use, integrates with all of your devices, and has a number of features that can help you stay organized and productive.
Google Keep is a great way to save notes, reminders and ideas anywhere, on any device. No more typing the same thing twice.
It’s also very easy to use and it’s a great time saver as you can add visual elements like checklists.
Say goodbye to your old way of keeping track of things.