What is Google Map?
Google Maps is a web mapping service developed by Google Inc. It offers satellite imagery, street maps, Street View, real-time traffic conditions, geographic data, and route planning for traveling by foot, car, bicycle, or public transportation.
You might not be the most familiar with Google Maps, but if you use the internet at all, you’ve likely used it. You’re probably aware of its primary function: to give you driving directions and to help you find local businesses and locations. But did you know that the app has lots of other cool features?
Read on to learn some of Google maps benefits!
12 Great Things About Google Maps That You Might Not Know
1. Google Map is Free, very easy to use, accurate, and detailed information; it’s very fast in showing any changes that occurred in real-time. Google Map will provide you with more related features of the map.
2. Get Offline Directions.
You don’t even need an internet connection to use Google Maps. If you have an Android phone, you can download offline maps directly from the app. This feature comes in handy when one has to travel to rural areas, where a proper internet connection is not available everywhere.
3. See Traffic Conditions and Avoid Congestion.
Google maps can save you time and money by helping to navigate the most efficient routes. Nowadays, everyone wants to get somewhere on time and avoid traffic. Unfortunately, there’s no way to control the traffic your route will encounter, but Google maps can help you plan.
4. Save Your Home and Work Locations.
You can save home and work addresses so that you can get directions to them quickly. You can also create nicknames for your favorite places, like “mom’s house” or “soccer field”. Then, when you want directions, just search for the nickname.
5. Measure the distance between two or more points.
To measure distances between points in Google Maps, right-click on your starting point (this drops a red pin), choose Measure distance, and then click anywhere.
6. Helps to create custom maps, and share them with your friends.
You can create a new map by clicking “Create Map. Also you can send and send your current location in Google Maps to friends so they can find out where you are with ease. “.
7. Google Maps also lets its users set navigation alerts. For instance, if you are driving on a highway and don’t want to miss your exit, then this feature will help you by alerting you when your exit is coming up.
8. Helps to find a specific location on the map, be it a business address or a personal contact address, or even a historical landmark. The user can also specify the area that he/she wants to be displayed on the screen by specifying its dimensions in terms of latitude and longitude.
9. Google Maps uses high-resolution satellite images so the quality of the image will depend on where you are located.
10) The Google Maps API allows developers to access and integrate the functionality of Google Maps with other applications and to create other applications.
11. Google Maps offers street maps for most cities in the world. It also offers satellite images of the earth as well as traffic conditions in real-time. Users can get directions from one place to another by car or on foot.
12. Google Maps has features such as satellite images, 3D buildings, road view, terrain map, and much more.
Read also about; 10 Reasons Why You Should Use Google Contacts
Google Map is one of the most popular websites that help us find directions, locations and make us aware of our surroundings. Google has given us many reasons to use it. We’ve listed some of them in this post so that you can understand why Google Map is a really good tool for you.