What is Google Blogger
Google Blogger is Google’s free blog hosting service. In addition to providing free blog hosting, it allows you to create and manage pages on your blog easily, and share content across multiple social media platforms.
In the past, you had to install software on your computer and then upload files using an FTP program to create a website. Blogger requires none of that, all you need is a Google account (from Gmail) and you’re ready to start blogging.
In this article, we are going to discuss the benefits and features of using Google blogger for blogging.
11 Benefits of Using Google Blogger for Your Blog
Google’s free blogging platform offers many benefits for bloggers. If you are thinking about starting a blog, here are a few benefits of Using Google Blogger for Your Blog;
- Easy to set up and use.
Another great thing about Blogger is that it is easy for even beginners to use. It does not require any technical knowledge or coding skills. The user interface is extremely simple, so you can be up and running with your blog in just a few minutes.
- Blogger is a free blogging platform that is designed for ease. The platform allows you to create a blog in minutes and publish your thoughts for the world to see.
- Blogging gives small businesses a unique opportunity to connect with customers, share internal news and promote new products.
- Cost-Effective. Unlike other blogging platforms, such as WordPress, the use of Google Blogger does not require any money to use the service. This means you can take advantage of all its features without having to spend any money. You can even set up an account using your existing Google or Gmail account information. This makes it easier for you to log on and begin creating a blog right away.
- User-Friendly Interface. The best thing about Blogger is how easy it is to learn how to use the service and create a blog that looks professional. All templates are customizable, which allows you to make changes quickly and easily so you can make your blog stand out from the rest. You can also add links, images, videos and more through the drag-and-drop interface that comes with every template design.
- Customizable templates and layouts. Blogger has a library of free theme templates you can choose from. It depends on which type of theme you need to get started. You can customize a theme by adding a background image, color, and more. Websites like Btemplates offers free and paid Google blogger templates that are attractive and user friendly.
- Blogging software included. You don’t have to download anything or hack any code to get your blog off the ground. When you sign up, you’ll be given an all-in-one, drag-and-drop interface that lets you get your blog online in a matter of minutes, complete with dozens of themes and templates to choose from.
- You own your content. Your blog belongs to you and no one can take it away from you or change the rules on you without warning. You also have total control over who accesses your content: You can make it public for anyone to read, or keep it private and only give access to certain people.
- Easy to integrate with other Google products like Gmail, YouTube, and Adwords etc.
- Very easy to add social media buttons.
- Can be used as your main website.
How to get started
You must create a Google Account to have a blog on Blogger. Creating an account is free; visit the Create your Google Account page to get started.
Create a blog
After you have created an account, click New Blog from the Blogger dashboard. Provide a title and web address for your blog, pick a template, and click Create Blog!
After you create a blog, you will be redirected to the Blogger Post Editor. If not, go to the Blogger dashboard and click New Post. Enter your post’s title in the first field and your content in the large text box below it. You can add formatting using the toolbar above the text box. You may also add labels; these are similar to hashtags in that they help people discover posts on topics they’re interested in. When you’re ready to publish, click Publish Post.
Add new pages as well as blog posts
In addition to posting regular updates on your blog, you can create additional static pages that live on your sites, such as an “about” page or a set of frequently asked questions (FAQs).
You’ll find templates for these pages in the “new post” menu on blogger.com.
You can upload images, videos, and other media from Google Photos or your computer.
In short, Blogger’s simplicity, reach and popularity makes it the most exceptional free blogging platform on the market. It offers you everything you need to get your idea out there and is great for novice bloggers.
You can also read about: 15 Major Benefits of Google Apps